domain and website

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

domain and website

Postby info » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:02 pm

I wanted to announce another domain that's available -- has been for a while, but hasn't been announced: mamber.net. This one comes with its own fictitious website (a sinister multinational corporation headed by my cat) at http://www.mamber.net - that way, if anyone goes to look at where your email address comes from, that's what they'll see. Some of you have noticed websites that correspond to some of the other domains, and we're going to try and keep rolling with that. Maybe we can come up with some sort of secret symbol that could be displayed on the websites to let spamgourmet users know they can use the domain - working on that one.
info
Site Admin

Postby sergivs » Tue May 15, 2007 12:09 am

Thank you! I really enjoyed the visit to www.mamber.net.

Concerning the symbol -- perhaps, a picture of the larch or a viking ship would work. Couldn't think of anything better yet.
sergivs

Postby Odomus » Tue May 15, 2007 1:13 am

YOu Know i was thinking what about the Pi symbol like in 'The Net' that would be cool.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby Nyks » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:59 pm

So, is it correct, that I can use now the Domain mamber.net as an replacement for spamgourmet.net in my emailadresses?

Up to now, I use
someword.10.myname@spamgourmet.com

Can I now use
someword.10.myname@mamber.net
... without chaning anything?
Nyks

Postby josh » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:25 pm

yes, and you can receive mail that way for both new and existing addresses. Note that with reply address masking, your replies will go through with the version of the address that was first seen when it was created, so for existing addresses created with @spamgourmet.com, your replies would still use @spamgourmet.com (even though the sender sent to @mamber.net) -- for new addresses created with @mamber.net, the reply will will have the new domain as well.
josh

Postby Nyks » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So, @mamber.net will reach my mailbox :)

I dont know, whether I completly unterstood your further explainations ...

josh wrote:so for existing addresses created with @spamgourmet.com, your replies would still use @spamgourmet.com (even though the sender sent to @mamber.net)

That means, if I already used
example.10.nickname@spamgourmet.com
... and then a second email goes to
example.10.nickname@mamber.net
... that then the "to"-entry in the email-header-field will show the @spamgourmet.com, although the message was send to @mamber.net ?!?!

Hmmm ... I think, this would be really regardless, and I didnt need to care about this.
Nyks

Postby josh » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:28 pm

no -- this is only about what happens when you *reply* to a message that you received, and only then if you're using "reply address masking" in advanced mode. Probably not a big deal. The mail will definitely come to your mailbox the same way that @spamgourmet.com would.
josh

Postby Nyks » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:54 am

ah, ok. This really isnt important for me :)

Thank you!
Nyks

Postby blunty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:56 am

Love the Mamber.net site!

Just wanted to point out the tiniest of typos.

Under the Leadership page, I seem to recall that Dr. Greyford has 25 years experience in experimental science (not exerimental). It is his brother that has all the exerimental background.
blunty

Mamber.net

Postby clio » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Hello

First off, I want to thank Josh and Syskoll for creating and maintaining the spamgourmet service. So far, it has worked out well for me. Thanks!

Second, I also enjoyed the mamber.net website. Clever and funny!

Third, I noticed that mamber.net is not in the drop down box on the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" page of the website. Just thought you should know. 8)

-Clio
clio

Postby Odomus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:07 am

Yeh kinda werid on that no dropdown menu for mamber.net... is mamber.net even able to be used anymore? Or are we screwed with even using it anymore? Since I thought that it was personal hostaed by josh i think... i could have swrong it was going to be more reliable then the others?
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 am

Mamber.net is available and work as well as the other domains.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I fixed the typo - thanks!

Not all spamgourmet domains are listed in the drop box [there, I said it] - that's why you're allowed to type your own in. Obviously, if you type one in that's not actually set up, it won't work.

A lot of times when people hook up their domains to spamgourmet, they keep them "private", in the sense that they're not announced or exposed by us, and won't be in the drop list (they will only be in the internal configuration). Mamber.net, even though it was always my site, used to fall in that category.
josh

Postby Odomus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 pm

josh wrote:I fixed the typo - thanks!
... Mamber.net, even though it was always my site, used to fall in that category.

Yeh I figured that and Since i said the name since you alreday advertised it.... on here that is why i even said the name... I was just hoping that it was still useable *phew* thank god thank you. Since I use that one alot more than the others actually *snicker* But ok cool thank you for keeping it, i thought you would since it was your 'personal' site not like the others which are kinda hidden and not 'well known' and not 'advertised' so to speak. Which I love by the way.

Thanks again for the info I apprecaite it.
Odomus

Postby worm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:23 am

I love this mamber.net. There are so many websites now which refuse to accept a spamgourmet.com address but mamber.net works just fine.

Thank you guys. I love this place.
worm

Return to What's New